If you want to improve your cycling skills, don’t miss our Monday Night Skills & Group Ride sessions.
These weekly “members only” 90 minute sessions focus on cycling skill development including climbing skills, group riding skills, cornering, speed and bike handling skills. Approximately once a month members will participate in a group ride with coaches where riders can put into practice what they have learned.
Coaching is provided by advanced level riders many of whom have racing experience and/or coaching qualifications.
For the group ride, participants meeting at Tunney’s will cycle a flatter, easier route (more suited to Beginner and Novice riders) while participants meeting at Asticou will ride a hillier, more challenging route.
Skills Coordinator: Sylvie D’Aoust
Coaches: Sylvie D’Aoust, Angela Beauchamp, Michelle Gauthier
– You should always plan to ride regardless of the weather forecast or current weather.
– The decision to cancel will only be made by the Program Coordinator onsite (usually based on thunder and lightning in the immediate area).
If it is, there will be an announcement on the Clubs Private Facebook page
– Our Monday night sessions are rarely canceled. If it’s just raining, we will ride!
Mondays: May 2rd – August 29th
Note: If Monday is a statutory holiday, there is NO session
Start Time is 6:30 pm sharp
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early so that you are ready to ride
- For the month of May and early June (May 2, May 9, May 16, May 30) ALL LEVELS will meet at Tunney’s Pasture.
- We DO NOT ride on statutory holiday Mondays (Monday May 23, Monday August 1nd)
- Starting with the June 6th session – until the end of August (August 29th):
– Start locations will alternate between Tunney’s Pasture (Bike handling, cornering and speed drills) and Asticou (Hill training)
– All coaches will be present each week at the specified location
– Riders will be divided according to skill level
– For Asticou Sessions, there is always an option for Riders to meet at Tunney’s and Ride up to Asticou
- Every 4th Monday beginning May 30st, ALL LEVELS will go for a 90 minute group ride with a coach starting from either Asticou or Tunney’s (TBA)
(there will be no skills/drills on these nights)
A reminder: All the Monday session details will be posted on
the “Members Only” Facebook Events page by Sunday evening.
Tunney’s Pasture (Ottawa)
– Meet in the parking lot with the satellite dish (Scott Street & Sir Frederick Banting Driveway)
Asticou Training Center (Gatineau)
– Park in P8
– Note that traffic going across the river can be very slow at times