If you want to improve your cycling skills, don’t miss our Monday Night Skills & Group Ride sessions.
These weekly “members only” 90 minute sessions focus on cycling skill development including climbing skills, group riding skills, cornering, speed and bike handling skills. Approximately once a month members will participate in a group ride with coaches where riders can put into practice what they have learned.
Coaching is provided by advanced level riders many of whom have racing experience and/or coaching qualifications.
For the group ride, participants meeting at Tunney’s will cycle a flatter, easier route (more suited to Beginner and Novice riders) while participants meeting at Asticou will ride a hillier, more challenging route.
Program Coordinator: Sylvie D’Aoust
Coaches: Angela Beauchamp, Michelle Gauthier, Luc Mahler and Sylvie D’Aoust
– You should always plan to ride regardless of the weather forecast or current weather.
– The decision to cancel will only be made by the Program Coordinator onsite (usually based on thunder and lightening in the immediate area).
– Our Monday night sessions are rarely cancelled. If it’s just raining, we will ride!
Mondays May 4th – August 31st
Note that if Monday is a statutory holiday, there is NO session
Start Time is 6:30 pm sharp
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early so that you are ready to ride
- For the month of May (May 4, May 11, May 25) ALL LEVELS will meet at Tunney’s Pasture.
- We DO NOT ride on statutory holiday Mondays (Monday May 18, Monday August 3rd)
- Starting with the June 1st session – until the end of August:
– Start locations will alternate between Tunney’s Pasture (Bike handling, cornering and speed drills) and Asticou (Hill training)
– All coaches will be present each week at the specified location
– Riders will be divided according to skill level
- On the last Monday of each month, ALL LEVELS will go for a 90min ride with a coach starting from either Asticou or Tunney’s (TBA)
(there will be no skills/drills on these nights)
A reminder: All the Monday session details will be posted on
the “Members Only” Facebook page by Sunday evening.
Tunney’s Pasture (Ottawa)
– Meet in the parking lot with the satellite dish (Scott Street & Sir Frederick Banting Driveway)
Asticou Training Center (Gatineau)
– Park in P8
– Note that traffic going across the river can be very slow at times