If you want to improve your cycling skills, don’t miss our Monday Night Skills & Group Ride sessions.
These weekly “members only” 90 minute sessions focus on cycling skill development including climbing skills, group riding skills, cornering, speed and bike handling skills. Approximately once a month members will participate in a group ride with coaches where riders can put into practice what they have learned.
Coaching is provided by advanced level riders many of whom have racing experience and/or coaching qualifications.
For the group ride, participants meeting at Tunney’s will cycle a flatter, easier route (more suited to Beginner and Novice riders) while participants meeting at Asticou will ride a hillier, more challenging route.
Program Coordinator: Sylvie D’Aoust
Coaches: Angela Beauchamp, Michelle Gauthier
– You should always plan to ride regardless of the weather forecast or current weather.
– The decision to cancel will only be made by the Program Coordinator onsite (usually based on thunder and lightening in the immediate area).
– Our Monday night sessions are rarely cancelled. If it’s just raining, we will ride!
Mondays May 6 – August 26
Note that if Monday is a statutory holiday, there is NO session
Start Time is 6:30 pm sharp
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early so that you are ready to ride
- For the month of May (May 6, May 13, May 27) ALL LEVELS will meet at Tunney’s Pasture.
- We DO NOT ride on statutory holiday Mondays (Monday May 20, Monday July 1st, Monday August 5th)
- Starting with the June 3rd session – until the end of August:
– riders at the Beginner & Novice levels will meet at Tunney’s Pasture
– riders at the Intermediate & Advanced levels will meet at Asticou
– This year our Coaches will be rotating locations
- On the last Monday of each month, ALL LEVELS will go for a 90min ride with their coach starting from their regular start location
(there will be no skills/drills on these nights)
A reminder: All the Monday session details will be posted on
the “Members Only” Facebook page the day before.
Tunney’s Pasture (Ottawa)
– Meet in the parking lot with the satellite dish (Scott Street & Sir Frederick Banting Driveway)
Asticou Training Center (Gatineau)
– Park in P8
– Note that traffic going across the river can be very slow at times