All new CFC members MUST attend one of our “Learn to Group Ride” (LTR) clinics. Returning members are also encouraged to participate to review and refresh their skills. The clinics are also a great opportunity for club members to meet each other at the start of the season.
The clinics help to ensure that all our members:
- Have a basic introduction to the skills and techniques involved in group riding
- Understand the importance of clear communication and riding consistently and predictably
- Bike handling skills such as steering, braking, cornering, accelerating, emergency stopping
- Riding in an echelon (rotation in single line & double line formations)
- How and when to change gears
- Drinking and eating while riding
- How to look behind you while holding your line
This training gives new members a basic foundation on which to build their cycling skills during the rest of the season.
We guarantee that you’ll be a better bike handler and have much more fun on your bike after completing the LTR clinic.
These clinics, which are open to both CFC members as well as non-members, are highly recommended for anyone who is planning on cycling with others. Note that all participants MUST be able to ride a bike.
Clinic 1 Sunday, May 6: 9 am – 1 pm
Clinic 2 Sunday, May 6: 2 – 6 pm
Clinic 3 Sunday, May 13: 2 – 6 pm
Clinic 4 Sunday, May 20: 2 – 6 pm
Clinic 5 Sunday, June 3: 9 am – 1 pm
Tunney’s Pasture – Parking Lot at Scott Street & Sir Frederic Banting Drive (you will see a big satellite dish)
CFC Members: FREE (included in membership)
Non-Members: $65 (registration closes at noon on the Wednesday prior to the clinic)
- There are NO refunds if you are unable to attend once registered
- A refund will only be issued if clinic is cancelled (official notification will be sent if this occurs)
- Plan to ride regardless of the weather forecast
- More clinics may be added to the schedule if there is sufficient demand
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org