All new CFC members MUST attend one of our “Learn to Group Ride” (LTR) clinics. Returning members are also encouraged to participate to review and refresh their skills. The clinics are also a great opportunity for club members to meet each other at the start of the season.
The clinics help to ensure that all our members:
- Have a basic introduction to the skills and techniques involved in group riding
- Understand the importance of clear communication and riding consistently and predictably
- Bike handling skills such as steering, braking, cornering, accelerating, emergency stop
- Riding in an echelon (rotation in single line & double line formations)
- How and when to change gears
- Drinking and eating while riding
- How to look behind you while holding your line
This training gives new members a basic foundation on which to build their cycling skills during the rest of the season.
We guarantee that you’ll be a better bike handler and have much more fun on your bike after completing the LTR clinic.
These clinics, which are open to both CFC members as well as non-members, are highly recommended for anyone who is planning on cycling with others. Note that all participants MUST be able to ride a bike.
(COVID-19 restrictions may limit the number of participants in each clinic as well, participation may be reserved for New Members Only).
Clinics open to the public will be posted in march
Clinic 1 Date and time TBA
Clinic 2 Date and time TBA
Clinic 3 Date and time TBA
Clinic 4 Date and time TBA
CFC Members: FREE (included in membership)
- New CFC Members will receive an email/invitation to attend one of the above Clinics.
- New CFC Members will register through Eventbrite.
- Plan to ride regardless of the weather forecast
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org