Our bike maintenance clinics are aimed at the “Beginner” cyclist.
You will learn everything you need to know about the main points of general bike maintenance, practice the skills needed to fix a flat, and gain the confidence needed to keep you riding safely all season long.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- fix a flat
- pump a tire
- fix a broken chain
- make simple adjustments to your brakes and gears
All clinics will be held outdoors (if it is raining, the clinic will move indoors).
Bring something to eat and drink.
Pave your way to becoming more confident and technically savvy on your bike!
Due to high demand, three more clinics were added to the schedule for a total of 7 date options. All clinics are open to both CFC members and non-members. Men are welcome to register. Attendance is limited to 15 participants and clinics will be bilingual.
- Clinic 1: Sunday, April 8, 9-11 am at Bicyclettes de Hull, 675 rue St-Joseph (Hull)
- Clinic 2: Sunday, April 22, 9-11 am at Bicyclettes de Hull, 675 rue St-Joseph (Hull)
- Clinic 3: Sunday, May 6, 9-11 am at Bicyclettes de Hull, 675 rue St-Joseph (Hull)
- Clinic 4: Saturday, May 12, 9-11 am at Euro-Sports Bike Shop, 13 Bullman Street (Ottawa) FULL
- Clinic 5: Sunday, May 20, 9-11 am at Bicyclettes de Hull, 675 rue St-Joseph (Hull) FULL
- Clinic 6: Saturday, June 16, 9-11 am at Euro-Sports Bike Shop, 13 Bullman Street (Ottawa) FULL
- Clinic 7: Sunday, July 8, 9-11 am at Bicyclettes de Hull, 675 rue St-Joseph (Hull)
Cost: $35 + $3.10 online registration fee
Please click on the green “Tickets” button to see the list of clinic options and then select the date of one you want to attend.
BRING THESE ITEMS TO THE CLINIC WITH YOU
Learn how to use each of these essential bike tools:
- a bike (bring your personal bike or a borrowed bike)
- a spare tube
- patch kit
- chain break tool
- Allen keys/multi tool
- pump (that will attach to your bike)
- tire levers (2)
- an old t-shirt (the rag)
Items can be purchased in advance from your local bike shop or you can purchase them at the clinic. Note that these are the items that you should carry with you at all times when cycling.