Our bike maintenance clinics are geared to all cyclists (new and seasoned). You will learn everything you need to know about the main points of general bike maintenance, practice the skills needed to fix a flat, and gain the confidence needed to keep you riding safely all season long. YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- fix a flat
- pump a tire
- fix a broken chain
- make simple adjustments to your brakes and gears
Pave your way to becoming more confident and technically savvy on your bike!
Please note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all clinics will be held on ZOOM as a WEBINAR, in English.
Under normal circumstances, our clinics would have been held outside, with bilingual instructors demonstrating each of the above aspects followed by participants practising on their own bikes.
VIRTUAL 2020 CLINIC
All Bike Maintenance Clinics will now be held Virtually over ZOOM, as a WEBINAR.
All clinics are open to both CFC members and non-members.
Men are welcome to register.
HOW THE CLINIC WILL BE CONDUCTED:
Sylvie D’Aoust, founder of CycleFitCHICKS, lead coach and Bike Maintenance tech, will facilitate each clinic as follows:
– Review each of the tools required below
– Tips and tricks to use the tools
– Full demonstration on how to:
Remove the back wheel, change a flat, patch a tube, adjust brakes and fix a broken chain.
Followed by a Q&A
We encourage you to have your tools & bike ready to follow along.
- Clinic 1: Thursday, June 4: 10-11am EST
- Clinic 2: Thursday, June 4: 1-2pm EST
- Clinic 3: Thursday, June 4: 6-7pm EST
ITEMS NECESSARY FOR THE CLINIC *
* Items need to be purchased in advance from your local bike shop before the Virtual clinic. I will be teaching you how to use each item.
- a bike ( your personal bike or a borrowed bike)
- a spare tube
- patch kit
- chain break tool
- Allen keys/multi tool
- pump (that will attach to your bike)
- tire levers (2)
- an old t-shirt (the rag)
*Note that these are the items that you should carry with you at all times when cycling.