Our bike maintenance clinics are geared to all cyclists (new and seasoned). You will learn everything you need to know about the main points of general bike maintenance, practice the skills needed to fix a flat, and gain the confidence needed to keep you riding safely all season long. YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- fix a flat
- pump a tire
- fix a broken chain
- make simple adjustments to your brakes and gears
Pave your way to becoming more confident and technically savvy on your bike! *Due to COVID-19: each clinic will be restricted to a limited number of participants; and participants are asked to wear a mask.* Don’t miss out REGISTER now. Clinics will be held outside. Sylvie will demonstrate each of the above aspects followed by participants practising on their own bikes.
HANDS – ON Bike Maintenance Clinics
All clinics are open to both CFC members and non-members.
Men are welcome to register.
HOW THE CLINIC WILL BE CONDUCTED:
Sylvie D’Aoust, founder of CycleFitCHICKS, lead coach and Bike Maintenance tech, will facilitate each clinic as follows:
– Review each of the tools required below
– Tips and tricks to use the tools
– Full demonstration on how to:
Remove the back wheel, change a flat, patch a tube, adjust brakes and fix a broken chain.
Participants will have the opportunity to practice each of the demonstrated skills
- Clinic 1: Tuesday, July 21: 6:00 – 8:00 pm EST – Ottawa
- Clinic 2: Wednesday, July 22: 3:00 -5:00 pm EST – Ottawa
- Clinic 3: Sunday, July 26: 12:00 – 2:00 pm EST – Ottawa
- Clinic 4: Tuesday, July 28: 6:00 – 8:00 pm EST – Ottawa
- Clinic 5: Wednesday, July 29: 3:00 – 5:00 pm EST – Ottawa
ITEMS NECESSARY FOR THE CLINIC *
* Items need to be purchased in advance from your local bike shop before the clinic. I will be teaching you how to use each item.
- a bike ( your personal bike or a borrowed bike)
- a spare tube
- patch kit
- chain break tool
- Allen keys/multi tool
- pump (that will attach to your bike)
- tire levers (2)
- valve adapter
- chain links
- an old t-shirt (the rag)
*Note that these are the items that you should carry with you at all times when cycling.