CFC members are strongly encouraged to volunteer their time, energy and expertise to help organize and run the club’s programs, events and activities. Volunteer opportunities cover a range of time commitments and required effort.
As an incentive to encourage volunteerism, the club’s membership fee structure offers a $50 cash-back at the end of the season to those members who complete a minimum volunteer commitment of 10 hours during the cycling season (May 1 – Sept 30).
This is why everyone is prompted to answer the required question “Will you be a volunteer?” on the registration form.
If you answer YES:
- Your name will be given to our Volunteer Coordinator.
- You will receive volunteer opportunity postings by e-mail. These e-mails will contain a link to an opportunity that has been entered into an online scheduling program.
- You will be eligible for the $50 cash-back at the end of the season (provided you have volunteered for the minimum 10 hours)
- Some volunteer opportunities, such as calls for Group Ride Leaders, will be posted on the club’s “Members Only” Facebook page.
If you answer NO:
- You will not receive any e-mail communications related to volunteering.
- You will not be eligible for the $50 end-of-season cash-back.
Tracking of Volunteer Hours
- Clinic Instructors, the Group Ride Coordinator and Activity/Event Leaders will provide the names of volunteers and hours completed to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will keep track of members’ volunteer hours accumulated over the cycling season; however, it is a good idea for each member to also keep track of their completed volunteer commitments (event, date & hours completed).
Regular Volunteer Opportunites (volunteer needs are determined before the season starts and sometimes added as the season unfolds.) Upon registration, you will be given the chance to Pre-Select a volunteer job(s) to complete your required 10hrs
– Spring Social
– Social Media Lead
– Club Time Trial event (given full 10hrs)
– Strava Mileage Challenge Coordinator
– July Club Social
– Juy Club Challenge
– Fall Social organizer
– Bike Maintenance assistant
– At Socials
Need More Information? Have Questions?
The Volunteer Coordinator can provide you with more details on volunteer opportunities such as the responsibilities and requirements for each activity. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com.