CycleFit CHICKS is a road cycling club for women. It was founded in 2008 by Sylvie D’Aoust, a Chelsea/Ottawa area cyclist. Her vision was to:
- Create a safe, friendly and supportive environment where women could develop and grow as cyclists
- Provide more cycling opportunities for female cyclists at the beginner through advanced levels
The club is a place where women of all ages can share their love of cycling, develop new skills, meet new challenges and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow club members.
“We need more women to feel comfortable on the bike and gain the confidence through skills clinics to be successful and comfortable competing in their first road race, or participating in longer tours”.
The club’s activities kick-off every April with the annual Spring Social. All cycling programs and activities launch in early May and wrap up at the end of September. The Season Wrap Up Social usually takes place during the first weekend of October.
A Winter Training Program, which is not included as part of club membership, starts in late November/early December and runs until March.
2018 KEY CLUB DATES
- Sunday, April 8: CFC “info booth” at Bushtukah 11th Annual S.W.E.E.T. Event
- Thursday, April 19: Spring Social
- Monday, April 30: First Session of Monday Night Skills & Group Rides
- Sunday, May 6: Clinic 1 (am) / Clinic 2 (pm) Learn to Group Ride Clinics
- Saturday, May 12: Start of CFC Group Ride Program (first group rides)
- Sunday, May 13: Clinic 3 (pm) Learn to Group Ride Clinics
- Sunday, May 20: Clinic 4 (pm) Learn to Group Ride Clinics
- Friday, May 25: Last day to register for 2018 Club Membership
- Sunday, June 3: Clinic 5 (am) / Clinic 6 (pm) Learn to Group Ride Clinics
- Saturday, July 14: CLM – Chelsea/Wakefield (a CFC hosted racing event)
- Monday, August 27: Last Session of Monday Night Skills & Group Rides
- Saturday, September 29: End of the CFC Group Ride Program (last group rides)
- Saturday, October 6 (TBC): Season Wrap-Up Social