CycleFit CHICKS is a road cycling club for women. It was founded in 2008 by Sylvie D’Aoust, a Chelsea/Ottawa area cyclist. Her vision was to:
- Create a safe, friendly and supportive environment where women could develop and grow as cyclists
- Provide more cycling opportunities for female cyclists at the beginner through advanced levels
The club is a place where women of all ages can share their love of cycling, develop new skills, meet new challenges and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow club members.
“We need more women to feel comfortable on the bike and gain the confidence through skills clinics to be successful and comfortable competing in their first road race, or participating in longer tours”.
The club’s activities kick-off every April with the annual Spring Social. All cycling programs and activities launch in early May and wrap up at the end of September. The Season Wrap Up Social usually takes the third weekend of October.
A Winter Training Program, which is not included as part of club membership, starts in late November/early December and runs until March.
2020 KEY CLUB DATES
- Thursday, February 20: Jersey Try On Event
- Friday, February 28: Last day for Early Bird Registration
- TBA (April): CFC “info booth” at Bushtukah 11th Annual S.W.E.E.T. Event
- Wednesday, April 22: Chelsea Spring Social
- Thursday, April 23: Ottawa Spring Social
- Friday, May 2: Last day to register for 2018 Club Membership
- Saturday, May 2: Clinic 1 (am) / Clinic 2 (pm) Learn to Group Ride Clinics
- Sunday, May 3: Clinic 3 (am) / Clinic 4 (pm) Learn to Group Ride Clinics
- Monday, May 4: First Session of Monday Night Skills & Group Rides
- Saturday, May 9: Start of CFC Group Ride Program (first group rides)
- Sunday, May 10: Clinic 5 (am) / Clinic 6 (pm) Learn to Group Ride Clinics
- Sunday, May 17: Bike Maintenance Clinic
- Sunday, May 24: Bike Maintenance Clinic
- Tuesday, May 26: OBC Time Trials, CFC welcome to attend and participate every Tuesday
- Saturday, June 6: Ontario Women’s Ride Day
- Saturday, July 12: CLM – Chelsea/Wakefield (a CFC hosted racing event)
- Monday, August 31: Last Session of Monday Night Skills & Group Rides
- Saturday, September 26: End of the CFC Group Ride Program (last group rides)
- Saturday, October 18: Season Wrap-Up Social