CFC members are strongly encouraged to volunteer their time, energy and expertise to help organize and run the club’s programs. The volunteer opportunities cover a range of time commitments and effort required.
In addition, there are opportunities to volunteer for selected cycling events since CFC’s mandate includes promoting women’s cycling and supporting the greater cycling community.
As an incentive to encourage volunteerism, the 2017 membership fee structure offers a $50 cash-back at the end of the season to those members who complete a minimum volunteer commitment of 10 hours during the cycling season (May 1 – Sept 30). This is why everyone had to answer the required question “Will you be a volunteer?” on this year’s registration form.
If you answered YES:
- Your name has been given to our Volunteer Coordinator
- You will receive volunteer opportunity postings by e-mail. These e-mails will contain a link to an opportunity that has been entered into Sign Up.com (a volunteer scheduling program formerly known as VolunteerSpot).
- Note that other volunteer opportunities, such as calls for Group Ride Leaders, will be posted on the club’s “Members Only” Facebook page.
If you answered NO:
- You will not receive any e-mail communications related to volunteering.
Tracking of Volunteer Hours
- Clinic Instructors, Group Ride Leaders and Activity/Event Leaders will provide the names of volunteers and hours completed to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will keep track of members’ volunteer hours accumulated over the cycling season; however, it is a good idea for each member to also keep track of their completed volunteer commitments (event, date & hours completed).
Need More Information and/or Have Questions?
The Volunteer Coordinator can provide you with more details on volunteer opportunities such as the responsibilities and requirements for each activity. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.