CycleFitCHICKS Women’s ONLY Road Cycling Club
CycleFit CHICKS was founded in 2008 by Sylvie D’Aoust, an Chelsea/Ottawa area cyclist. The club is a place where women and girls can share their love for cycling in a safe, friendly, encouraging environment.
Sylvie has made it her mandate to provide avenues for women to be introduced to cycling, whether it is for sport or recreational purposes.
“We need more women to feel comfortable on the bike and gain the confidence through skills clinics to be successful and comfortable competing in their first road race, or participating in longer tours”.
The club focuses on fun, recreational riding, with the opportunity to attend cycling skills and general fitness clinics to improve riding and fitness. There are scheduled rides for all level of riders from beginners, recreational riders, and racers. Last year we had over 220 members from the greater Ottawa/Gatineau area.
Our motto: Where BEGINNERS are WANTED and EXPERIENCED cyclist are CHALLENGED. We’re taking cycling to a whole new level for women cyclist of all fitness levels.
WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR MONEY:
- Club insurance
- Monday night Skills for beginner riders
- Tuesday night Mountain Bike lead rides
- Wednesday night Time Trials. Sponsored by Todd Miron “Your Financial Coach”
- Thursday Skills night for advanced riders
- Weekly Group Rides( Monday pm Thursday pm Friday am and Saturday am)
- Club socials, events, Fall/Winter training and more
- Training camps
- Participation Points Challenge
- Euro-Sports Strava CFC Mileage Challenge
- Bike tours and so much more…..
Club Activities start in May, but here are a few dates to put in your calendar:
June 1: Registration Closes
May 28: First Friday morning group ride from Chelsea Info Centre
The first session, marks the start of the weekly sessions.
Group Ride schedule (Saturdays) can be found HERE
The 2015 club season is from January 1 – December 31